newgrounds history quiz newgrounds history quiz

meh

restarting is alright for failing or passing the test, but you should try the action "stopSound()" first, so that the music isn't being looped over itself if someone wants to play the test again. plus, there should be a reward of some kind, and a screen telling you if you got a question wrong before taking you back to the start page.

acedareaper responds:

i know how to stop sounds i just forgot to put the final button in it

FPA: World 2 FPA: World 2

glitch

The game was awesome, a bit long but engrossing. I'm a little frustrated though that I got to the boss and the game glitched out on me. Fancy Pants got stuck in the falling position. I could only move left and right and couldn't jump or take damage, so I couldn't even kill myself to start over. So I got all the way to the end without the prize of seeing the ending.

dodge 1.1 dodge 1.1

not too shabby

Pretty good for a first try. It lacks a lot of challenge; the levels should get progressively harder. For example, have more asteroids enter at various sec into the game, or maybe throw an enemy in there to spice things up. Also, a bug: hold [Down] and every asteroid can be avoided without trying. Really, mechanically and aesthetically, not bad for a first game.

Riku vs.Riku(detailed) Riku vs.Riku(detailed)

too sloppy

it's alright for a small sample of a game; i didn't notice many bugs. you might want to change the "hit area" for your buttons, so that the player can click anywhere in the immediate vicinity of the text, instead of only on the actual font (which is almost too thin to accomplish this on). the music is good, and the animation is alright. i noticed another couple things, which may or may not concern you: when you defeat the imposter, their life will go into the negative but they will still attack before the screen displayed "victory", and also, when you use the magic power, the screen stays black for the actual attack... not sure if that was supposed to happen.

i'd mostly work on the style. the screen is a bit too jumbled. just organize things a bit, maybe add some colorful backdrops behind the text areas.

LeoK responds:

yes.....it was supposed to happen....ya know on khCoM most of darj riku's moves turned the screen black(he's just strong like that)

The Last Stand. The Last Stand.

Wow

I happened upon this game because I was considering making one along the same lines (more text-based though). For this being your first game, not bad AT ALL. The movement was a little shaky, but I stopped noticing this very quickly. The artwork is done very well, and the gameplay immediately immerses the player in your environment. I was a little on edge there at end when I had three of those army zombies caught up in a spot that was hard to shoot, but I made it. Also, adding the possibility of losing a survivor while traveling was a nice touch.

Paper Mario World Paper Mario World

pretty good

I would've given a much higher rating, if not for the many glitches that really bring down the game. Next time maybe test the game a few times or have a friend test the game for you? I had no problems jumping or making it past obstacles, and I usually don't in Mario games, but when I got to the end of the glowing cap section, it just sent me to the very beginning of the game. No Game Over screen or anything. I was expecting a boss, but other than glitches this game is alright. The presentation is very nice, just work on functionality.

Bakuhatsu Panic! 2 Demo Bakuhatsu Panic! 2 Demo

great remake

A great remake of the classic game Kaboom for Atari 2600. The style of bombs falling is directly taken from this game, but I like how you offer something unique with the different bombs colors.

Flash Tank 2001 Flash Tank 2001

scorched earth

Another rip off of Scorched Earth, but you got the angling and power system down pretty well. The graphics look like a bad Powerpoint presentation, heh.